[SATLUG] RHEL5 and 2.6.18-164 system hangs

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 08:52:20 CST 2010

Good morning all.. I've come into a weird problem with the new
2.6.18-164 kernel for RHEL5. On 3 of my systems, the kernel does not
get passed "BIOS data check". The kernel and the ramdisk loads, then
it prints out that message and simply hangs. I've tried all
combinations I could find via Google, but nothing is working. If I
load the old kernel, it works fine. Any insights on this?

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility