[SATLUG] Ubuntu 'Karmic Koala' 9.10 impressions?

Ed Coates edcoates at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 10:27:29 CST 2010

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 2:56 PM, Don Wright <satlug at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> So what do y'all think of the newly-released Ubuntu 9.10? And who's
> waiting for Lucid Lynx, the long-term support version targeted for April
> 29?  --Don

I can honestly say that version 9.10 is the best one yet.  It upgraded
flawlessly on my Gateway 5350 laptop.  After installing
ubuntu-restricted-extras, it even runs the flash games on facebook
without any issues.  I don't mess with the server iso, what I do is
install the desktop iso, and then start installing all the packages
I'll need for the server.  I.E. apache2, mysql5, php5, etc.  Makes it
easier for me since I remotely access the desktop using
nxserver/nxclient over ssh.  I've even loaded it up in a virtualbox on
my work laptop and have it work through there.

All in all, I would highly recommend this one for anyone who wants to
try Linux out to see what it's about.

Ed