[SATLUG] Ubuntu 'Karmic Koala' 9.10 impressions?

Miguel Guhlin mguhlin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 13:21:08 CST 2010

I definitely have to agree with the recommendation to run Ubuntu Karmic
Koala (v9.10). It works smoothly on every box I've thrown it on--including
Dell netbooks, laptops, desktops, and intel Macs running as dual boot, as
well as virtually.

In addition, a friend of a colleague introduced me to LinuxMint. It's
working great, as well, although I keep getting tempted to switch back to
plain Gnome GUI.

Oh, and thanks to whomever suggested using PlayOnLinux!
http://www.mguhlin.org/2009/12/internet-explorer-on-gnulinux.html

Wishing you a Happy New Year,

Miguel Guhlin
Phone: 210-617-3330