[SATLUG] Re: Ubuntu 'Karmic Koala' 9.10 impressions? ... and Introduction

David Hayden indubitableness at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 1 20:43:50 CST 2010

  Hello everyone. I'm pretty new to satlug and relatively new to linux I suppose. I been subscribed to the mailing list for a couple months but this'll be my first post. I had to get in on all this ubuntu 9.10 love goin' around.

  I'm a dissenting voice here. I started using linux with 8.04 which I stuck with through to 9.04. I was dissatisfied with the 8.10 release for the same reasons I'm disappointed with the 9.10 release and it's because they both feel like beta releases.

  I'm a slacker myself but I use ubuntu for my family and I wouldn't dream of upgrading their machines as it would certainly just break things.

  That's just my two cents. Ubuntu bugs me in general. It doesn't always obey stuff I tell it to do.