[SATLUG] Re: Ubuntu 'Karmic Koala' 9.10 impressions? ... and Introduction

Don Davis dondavis at reglue.org
Sat Jan 2 10:00:34 CST 2010

> That's just my two cents. Ubuntu bugs me in general. It doesn't always obey stuff I tell it to do.

What's the Spiderman quote? 'With great power comes great responsibility.'
There are systems that have fine grained control but that puts a lot of
responsibility on the user e.g. the default Slackware install requires
much more input and knowledge from the user.

I am curious -- what do you mean 'it doesn't always obey stuff I tell it
to do'?

Many people applaud Linux Mint and Ubuntu Ultimate edition:
http://ultimateedition.info/.

As far as a cutting edge .deb based system, there's sidux:
http://sidux.com/.