[SATLUG] (no subject)

Daniel J. Givens daniel at rugmonster.org
Sat Jan 2 20:27:09 CST 2010

Not to knock your abilities, but are you sure you did it right? For
example, if you don't use 'crontab -e' to modify a user's crontab, the
change won't get picked up until cron is restarted. If you make a
change in sshd_config, you have to restart sshd. I have never had the
issues you're talking about and they don't make sense if you are doing
it right.

And I have to disagree with the Slackware statement. Slackware
definitely has its own way of doing things. Learning Linux is always
learning the distro you're using unless you're doing everything from
scratch. That's the nature of running a distro. The maintainer of the
distro has done certain things to the way the packages fit their
distro for consistency.

--
Daniel J. Givens