[SATLUG] Ubuntu 'Karmic Koala' 9.10 impressions?

KC kcoriginal at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 3 02:28:33 CST 2010

Justin,

I'd call those HUGE issues in light of the fact that my Ubuntu installs work FLAWLESSLY or I blow em away...

...oh wait... see that other thread about 9.10 and all the .10 version felling like beta releases.

I see others helping you track some of your issues, but I would suggest getting 9.04 and installing that. It sounds like this is your first foray into Ubuntu? 9.10?

7.10, 8.10 and now, 9.10 have let me down everytime. And 6.04, 7.04, 8.04, 9.04 make my heart sing. Everytime.

Give that a whirl, buddy.

My philosophy developed from being a trooper in the IT-for-money world is to invest only a finite amount of time into a computer problem before you evaluate what your time is worth as opposed to cashing it in and blowing away the problem with a clean install or different version/solution-altogether.

ESPECIALLY if your WIFE is involved. My Lady gives NO SECOND CHANCES for Linux issues. Our EXTENSIVE home network has to function for her when she wants it to or she WILL go to Best Buy and buy her own damn printer and her own cellular modem and to hell with me and my experiments!

I suggest tanking 9.10, now. Pick your battles.

kc