[SATLUG] Re: Ubuntu 'Karmic Koala' 9.10 impressions? ... andIntroduction

kcoriginal at yahoo.com kcoriginal at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 4 01:43:20 CST 2010

For me, KDE 4 stuck a fork in the whole K environment. Too dramatic. I actually like the Gnome/XFCE style layout. I actually dig Fluxbox quite a bit, and when I get a spare week, I will probably build a custom Flux config to get acustomed to. But, KDE4 is bananas.

If we get a mind-machine interface to drive the GUI, some kinda of telepathy-mouse or something, then I'd look at KDE4 again.

I was on the fence with version 3. I liked Knoppix and BackTrack with version 3, but now that they forked so hard left, I can't follow anymore.

kc