[SATLUG] Debian Mirrors

Don Wright satlug at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 6 21:32:54 CST 2010

Tweeks wrote:

>	http://mirror.rackspace.com/debian/

>You'll find it will probably get you the best speed in town.

Good speed, but http://debian.osuosl.org/debian is more complete
according to the number of misses I get when building the weekly DVD[1]
using the Rackspace mirror just now.

What upstream does Rackspace sync to, and how often?  --Don

[1] http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/
    I build copies of the weekly 'testing' set for amd64 and i386, using
    jigdo and the previous week as a seed. Thus only changes need to be
    downloaded.

--
         2010 Winter Linux/BSD/OpenSource Fest
       January 6-8 -- SAC Nail Technology Center