[SATLUG] 3 reasons why I hate KDE4

Todd W. Bucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Fri Jan 8 13:39:19 CST 2010

dondavis at reglue.org wrote:
>> Yep, I too hate the new menu structure.
>>

> One of the first widgets to select fronm in 'Add widgets' is the old menu
> selector.
>
> I don't have much to say about desktop efefcts. I'll set up the 3-d
> spinning see through aquarium if I want to impress people but for me
> personally it doesn't do much for me. (I prefer green on black terminal
> screens...)

Not all of the effects are useless...for instance the annotate plugin
lets you write on the screen which is very helpful for presentations and
podcasts.  Furthermore i am sure that we have members that appreciate
the zoom desktop, magnifier, and color filters.

aside from those plugins yeah its mostly eyecandy, but isnt it the
eyecandy of OSX that has made the Mac so popular in the last few years.
Most people like the shinny sparkly things.  I do and I kinda get a kick
out of showing winblows users what they are missing.

Todd