[SATLUG] SpamAssassin false-positives

Daniel J. Givens daniel at rugmonster.org
Sat Jan 9 01:09:40 CST 2010

Just a heads up. Due to a misguided regex in the FH_DATE_PAST_20XX
SpamAssassin rule, you may notice an increase in false-positives if you
use SpamAssassin for spam detection.

You can see if you're effected by checking the X-Spam-Report headers in
your mail for something looking like this:

I just caught it when I noticed several SATLUG messages in my Spam folder.

To fix this, you can either run 'sa-update' or disable the rule
altogether by adding the following to your local.cf:

score FH_DATE_PAST_20XX 0.0

Details at http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/Rules/FH_DATE_PAST_20XX

--
Daniel