[SATLUG] message etiquette

Geoff geofff at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Sun Jan 10 13:32:30 CST 2010

Bruce Dubbs wrote:

>   In a group mailing list, somebody just reading the messages and
> perhaps starting in the middle of a long thread needs to develop more
> context.  There bottom posting or in-line posting is much more
> appropriate.

Agreed.  In-line replies (such as I'm doing now) is my personal
preference.  It does 'flow' natural, like a conversation.

> It also is polite to *trim* messages to only the portion of the
> message that you are replying to.

I thought I, too, had emphasized that point, but seems to appear to fall
on deaf ears (blind eyes?) as another post in this thread quoted the
whole entire message with a 1 or 2 line reply.

Currently, am attempting to lead by example.

--
-Geoff (Baja Spring, TX)

believed to be clean.