[SATLUG] Network+ question collision domains

Henry Pugsley henry.pugsley at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 20:28:08 CST 2010

If the NICs are full duplex then each interface would be a collision domain.
The only point of contention would be in the kernel. For example, if a
packet arrives on nic1 and nic2 at the same time, the network stack has to
make a decision on which packet gets sent out nic3 first. Its not a
collision per say, but you will see performance degradation with high
throughputs.

-Henry