[SATLUG] message etiquette

Henry Pugsley henry.pugsley at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 08:43:48 CST 2010

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 1:32 PM, Geoff <geofff at w5omr.shacknet.nu> wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>>
>>   In a group mailing list, somebody just reading the messages and
>> perhaps starting in the middle of a long thread needs to develop more
>> context.  There bottom posting or in-line posting is much more
>> appropriate.
>
> Agreed.  In-line replies (such as I'm doing now) is my personal
> preference.  It does 'flow' natural, like a conversation.

This is a huge failing of some mobile e-mail apps.  When I hit "reply"
from my Droid, the existing message gets thrown into the "quoted text"
field and is not editable, with the compose field above it.  There is
no setting to change this behavior either.  GMail for the Blackberry
is even worse: it only includes 2 lines of context regardless, which
is typically "On blah blah date, so-and-so wrote: \n <blank line> \n
Sent from Gmail mobile!"

-Henry