[SATLUG] message etiquette

Tweeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Tue Jan 12 21:53:33 CST 2010

On Monday 11 January 2010 12:42:28 am Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Tweeks wrote:
> > On Sunday 10 January 2010 12:29:24 pm Bruce Dubbs wrote:
[...]
> > As another mailmail admin, I'll also tell you that SOME posts get
> > filtered if they're too big (are treated as Spam) by many stock mailmail
> > based lists.
>
> Good idea!  We already delete most attachments.  I just lowered the size
> limit to 7K.  That should bounce most of the longer messages.

Hmm.. 7k is a bit restrictive man. I mean headers alone can easily be 3k-4k
(your reply just now had a 3.7k header).  Regular email is about 2k per page.
So figure a hard core in depth in-line reply might work out to 5-6 pages..
that's like 18k.

Traditionally... I find 40k a good default size.. More tends to either be spam
or HTML email (both are evil).  If you want to get tight, 18-20k might be ok.
Just tell people to let you know if their stuff isn't getting through.  More
strict than that and you'll be labled an email-nazi. ;)

Tweeks