[SATLUG] message etiquette

Geoff geofff at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Wed Jan 13 06:50:30 CST 2010

Tweeks wrote:
> On Monday 11 January 2010 12:42:28 am Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>
>> Good idea! We already delete most attachments. I just lowered the size
>> limit to 7K.  That should bounce most of the longer messages.
>>

> Hmm.. 7k is a bit restrictive man. I mean headers alone can easily be 3k-4k
> (your reply just now had a 3.7k header).

Wasn't something said about 'trimming'?  If people won't do it on their
own, then limiting their message size, and truncating off the end/excess
will force them to learn.

> Just tell people to let you know if their stuff isn't getting through.  More
> strict than that and you'll be labled an email-nazi. ;)

When they don't see their message, they'll know they didn't get through
(and then probably start whining "What's wrong with MailMan at Satlug?"

I said this in 1989 and I can't beleive in 2010, I'm still saying the
same thing;

"People, at -LEAST- have the common sense to pay attention to something
as it passes right before your eyes!"

believed to be clean.