[SATLUG] errors when building a qt program on my laptop

John D Choate jdchoate at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 17:04:43 CST 2010

I have the same OS, Mandriva 2010.1(cooker), installed on both my desktop machine and my laptop. I also have basically the same packages installed on both and all updated.
Let me first state that, yes, I do have libqt4-devel installed.!.!
QT sources build properly on my desktop machine with no issues whatsoever. But on my laptop I get an error related to /usr/lib/qt4/include/QtCore/qlist.h

Here is some output from my attempt to build 'blogilo', formerly known as 'bilbo blogger' :

[  0%] Built target blogilo_automoc
Scanning dependencies of target htmlconvertors_automoc
[  0%] Built target htmlconvertors_automoc
Scanning dependencies of target htmlconvertors
[  2%] Building CXX object src/htmlconvertors/CMakeFiles/htmlconvertors.dir/htmlconvertors_automoc.o
[  4%] Building CXX object src/htmlconvertors/CMakeFiles/htmlconvertors.dir/bilbocssparser.o
In file included from /usr/lib/qt4/include/QtCore/qobject.h:50,
                 from /usr/lib/qt4/include/QtCore/qiodevice.h:46,
                 from /usr/lib/qt4/include/QtCore/qdatastream.h:46,
                 from /usr/lib/qt4/include/QtCore/qstringlist.h:46,
                 from /usr/lib/qt4/include/QtCore/QStringList:1,
                 from /home/pranqster/Desktop/blogilo/src/htmlconvertors/bilbocssparser.h:32,
                 from /home/pranqster/Desktop/blogilo/src/htmlconvertors/bilbocssparser.cpp:29:
/usr/lib/qt4/include/QtCore/qlist.h:54:15: error: new: No such file or directory

This happens to any QT program I try to compile on the laptop, not just 'blogilo'.
Of course the errors go on from there, but that is the one that triggers the build fail.

Again, both machines have QT 4.6.0 installed along with the devel packages, only my laptop throws this error about not finding 'new'. I have looked at /usr/lib/qt4/include/QtCore/qlist.h, line 54, on both machines and the file is identical.

There must be some other factor involved, but make is finding the qt4-devel files right where they are supposed to be.
What could be the problem?

John C.

p.s.  In case someone wants to branch this post into a 'Blogilo vs. Bilbo' post, I already know that blogilo 1.0.1 has some post publishing issues while bilbo 1.0 posts just fine. ;)