[SATLUG] Hypothetical LTSP\Linux in schools question

Ryan Smith ryan_253 at live.com
Mon Jan 18 23:00:08 CST 2010

I'm a very new Linux user. Caveat might be out of my realm for a short while. I will say this, growing up with computers in school was integral to development and has only proliferated into every aspect of our consciousness. the key questions are what will this "system of Lunixs" be used for? Linux is highly malleable to say the least and also add a devlopmental element to PC learning. The three essential systems in use today are MAC, MS, and Linux. there are literally hundreds of flavors and are like lego pieces they just fit but you have to know and understand what you want it to do, or be. I would take a look at Ubuntu Server and desktop platforms to break people into a cohesive, understandable, flexible and easily developed open source operating platform.

Here this is a good place to start developing a bid.

Remember its open source, and the price starts at free. . .

      http://www.ubuntu.com

Ryan Smith