[SATLUG] OT: Two Computers for sale

Geoff geofff at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Wed Jan 27 05:40:17 CST 2010

Daniel Goller wrote:
> $300 for both? or each?
> I think you meant for both.

He said (and I quote)

> I could be convinced to part with them for $300 each. Send me an email
> if you're interested.

With no hard drives and no SATA support, for $300 each, that is.  That's
about where I skimmed over...

It bears thought though... A pair of cpu's, hyper-threaded, and linux
thinks there's 4 cpus w/4gig of RAM?  Nice setup.
It'd need a 1gig video card and 24-bit audio also, to go for $300 though.

No offense, David, but what you are asking for those machines (each) is
a bit more than the market would bear (especially in -these-
economically troubling times!).  If one looked around enough they could
come up with something cheaper.  In fact, this dual-core 2.8ghz machine
w/2gig RAM I got for -FREE- helping a buddy clean out a server room for
one of his clients.  (mind you the room was 16x16 and was stacked from
floor to ceiling with -crap- but in there was no less than 2-dozen
machines...

believed to be clean.