[SATLUG] OT: Two Computers for sale

David Kowis dkowis at shlrm.org
Wed Jan 27 11:12:50 CST 2010

On 1/27/2010 11:04 AM, David Kowis wrote:
>>> I could be convinced to part with them for $300 each. Send me an email
>>> if you're interested.
>> With no hard drives and no SATA support, for $300 each, that is. That's
>> about where I skimmed over...
>> It bears thought though... A pair of cpu's, hyper-threaded, and linux
>> thinks there's 4 cpus w/4gig of RAM? Nice setup.
>> It'd need a 1gig video card and 24-bit audio also, to go for $300 though.

Searching newegg.com for a pile of stuff in the $300 - $400 range, I
come up with computers mostly with a lower spec than I'm offering:

A re-certified HP is the only one that's dual cor that is close, and
it's at $309.

I don't think my prices are that unreasonable for the hardware I'm
offering. But, as I've stated, I am not unwilling to negotiate.