[SATLUG] Apple announces iPad

Daniel J. Givens daniel at rugmonster.org
Wed Jan 27 18:16:32 CST 2010

On Jan 27, 2010, at 5:37 PM, Nate <pixelnate at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yawn. It'll probably sell like hotcakes, but it's really not all
> that revolutionary. An iPod Touch with a bigger screen and iWork.
> Where is the 'there' in that? 'Blazing fast' A4, but it doesn't
> multitask. Just a big toy.

I thought the same thing about the Kindle. What is going to make it
something are going to be the apps written for it specifically and the
iBook store. It's at the same price point as the Kindle DX and will
give a much richer experience to anything the Kindle will ever have.

I don't see myself buying one, but I can see the appeal.