[SATLUG] Apple announces iPad

kcoriginal at yahoo.com kcoriginal at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 27 18:41:44 CST 2010

Negative fellas... The iGetMyMoney service and the Kindle take-my-book-back service are the biggest drawbacks to those two devices... Being able to read my thousands of existing eBooks on a 10 inch screen, with far less heat and whirring fans that a laptop, and no annoying laptop keyboard unless I set at a desk and plug one in... THAT'S the appeal.

And hardly no weight, either? It IS a big deal new device! And fellas, I really HATE STEVE JOBS. He's spent his life coming up with mega-super-duper-fantastic ideas, and finding mega-super-duper-fantastic ways to insultingly over charge and recharge and lock down each of them is a way I feel can only best be described as cruel!

It isn't new, Nate, the HP 1100 did it back in 2001(ish)... But this now has a much more responsive multi-touch screen with Apple's consumer whiz-bang appeal. Lighter weight, undoubtedly a Li-po or Lion battery, and a well-thought-out on-screen keyboard.

What I REALLY can't wait for, is HPs Slate. But, in my experience, the Apple interface should work a lot smoother and more "appliancy" than a Windows offering.

I think I want the iPad with Chrome on it... And what it is missing that actually bums me out, is phone. I use Bluetooth or speakerphone for 90% of my calls anyway. You wanna change the way I do business, make this thing a phone. Make it a detachable super-simple phone that has no real screen unless connected, have it nest inside the end/back of the tablet... Or just give it Bluetooth and speakerphone capability with an optional detached daughter-phone that uses bluetooth to access it's cellular radio on the main device.

And STOP putting so much effort into THIN!!! They have been thin enough since .99 inches! I want the space back, filled with Lipo and some rubber-baby-buggy-bumper...

But as long as I can read PDF's and load a real browser (Safari is acceptable, barely) I still want to buy one.

NOW.

kc