[SATLUG] Apple announces iPad

Daniel J. Givens daniel at rugmonster.org
Wed Jan 27 20:46:41 CST 2010

On 1/27/2010 8:25 PM, Nate wrote:
> On 1/27/10 7:08 PM, redpill wrote:
>> yeah it looks nice but if you really want to impress me Jobs give me
>> e-paper ala Caprica http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU4P6Z_Q_NM
>
> +1 on this. I would much rather see color e-paper than another LCD device.
>
> And how is this "utterly game changing?" Tablets have been around for a
> while. It's just a big iPod Touch.

Tablets that came before were laptops with swivel screens. They were
heavy and bulky by comparison. There wasn't ever an OS that was tailored
to being a tablet like this blown up iPod Touch.

And as an iPhone owner, I can say that while the web experience is
better than other mobile devices, it doesn't match what even my netbook
can provide. The screen is just too small. Reading ebooks on it also
sucks. If nothing else, I would say the iPad will fill the gap between
iPhone/iPod Touch and laptop.

Their major flaw is the lacking of multitasking. That is utter fail.