[SATLUG] Apple announces iPad

KC kcoriginal at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 27 23:13:35 CST 2010

--- On Wed, 1/27/10, Nate <pixelnate at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Nate <pixelnate at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [SATLUG] Apple announces iPad
> Date: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 10:11 PM
> On 1/27/10 9:39 PM, KC wrote:
> > Lighten up fellas, geez! Take Jobs idea and JAILBEAK
> it! Hack it, or something! Don't just clam up and harumph
> it... that's just silly..
>
> Sorry, man. After all the build up in the media, the looong
> wait (5 years in the making?) and potential in Cupertino,
> the iPad is just limp. I was expecting a device with more
> laptop-like functionality with a tablet/multi-touch user
> experience. I already find the iPod Touch limiting. Giving
> it a bigger screen isn't the killer feature I was waiting
> for.
>
> Besides, all my geek lust is going out to Palm right now. I
> am waiting for the Pre to show up at AT&T. Then the iPod
> Toy goes to the kid.
>

> ~Nate
> -- _______________________________________________
> manage/unsubscribe

Ehh...? I totally missed the build-up in the media...

I don't know...

I just spent the last hour + looking at the TC 1100s on eBay again... a year and a half ago I bought my IBM T42 with the DX9 card and 1440x1050 screen... the TC 1100 was my second choice... it was a TOUGH decision. I think I had heard that the screen ONLY responds to the special stylus. THAT'S what sent me back to a traditional laptop one last time... or at least made be Buy-It-Now on the T42 and just go to BED after HOURS of anguishing! Heh...

Does anyone know if the TC 1100 screen works (single touch, I am sure) with a finger?

If it does, I may offer my T42 on the list and get a TC 1100. Those things were LOADED for such a compact size... I wish they had a PCMCIA slot though...

I'd like to see Compiz on one... there was this cool You-Tube video... lemme find it... Here it is! Cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx9FgLr9oTk&feature=related

Either way, I crack a TC 1100 open and tack my BT 2.1 adapter on in place of what is surely a BT 1.1-ish device... swap the platters for an SSD... and maybe desolder the external VGA and slip a SD-Reader in its place...

...or I come back from eBay with THIS little number...

http://shop.ebay.com/330398153043

How's THIS guys? Better than buying an Apple...?

hmmm.....