[SATLUG] stupid WAP question

Daniel J. Givens daniel at rugmonster.org
Thu Jul 1 22:18:42 CDT 2010

You can do this with dd-wrt. There is an option to set the WAN port to just another switch port. You would then setup VLANs so that the wireless is on one and wired ports another. The port you connect to your firewall would then be a "trunk" port with both VLANs. On the firewall, you would then need to configure two 802.1q VLAN virtual interfaces with unique IPs on separate subnets.

This is going to get you into some fun networking concepts. Have fun googling. I don't have my wrt54g anymore, but I've done this exact setup before.

--
Daniel