[SATLUG] kubuntu netbook wireless problems (in network-manager)

travis+ml-satlug at subspacefield.org travis+ml-satlug at subspacefield.org
Sat Jul 3 13:30:03 CDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 07:49:02PM -0500, Othniel Graichen wrote:
> Sure sounds like you have a Wifi switch on your notebook and you switched it
> off.

That sounds plausible, but actually I've got a custom mini-PCI card and
I know it isn't attached to the switch.

knetworkmanager is just known to be broken.  There's a couple of ubuntu
bugs related to it on launchpad.net, but none of the workarounds work for
me.

I like the idea of switches, for security - same reason I've seen people with
flaps taped over their cameras - the security state is clearly visible.
--
A Weapon of Mass Construction