[SATLUG] DVD authoring

travis+ml-satlug at subspacefield.org travis+ml-satlug at subspacefield.org
Sun Jul 4 16:11:56 CDT 2010

So I've already converted my entertainment center to mythbuntu, and am
quite happy with the setup.

But my parents, sister, etc., are still stuck with non-converged
systems; their TV plays DVDs or cable, but not AVIs and MPEGs.

So... if I wanted to share videos with them, I'd need to burn DVDs
that will play in a DVD player.

I've heard that these tools are called "DVD authoring" programs, and
have seen the results on occasion.

I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion that would work quickly,
worked with most video container formats (e.g. MPEG, AVI, MKV), and
need not provide me much flexibility; I just want to dump a bunch of
video files to DVD and ship to a relative with as little effort as
possible.

Thanks!
Travis
--