[SATLUG] APC UPS daemon

David Kowis dkowis at shlrm.org
Wed Jul 7 22:36:22 CDT 2010

On 07/07/2010 09:46 PM, Sean Davis wrote:
> On 07/07/2010 05:16 PM, David Kowis wrote:
>> On 07/07/2010 02:27 PM, Sean Davis wrote:
>>> I've got a similar setup (sms notification to my cellphone, email
>>> notification to my work e-mail, etc) using networkupstools, if anyone is
>>> interested. I don't see NUT mentioned often, but I thought I'd bring it
>>> up in case I'm not the only person who uses it :)
>>>

>> You're not.
>> http://shlrm.org/cacti/graph_view.php?action=tree&tree_id=1&leaf_id=226
>>
>> Those are both from NUT. one's here local the other is in Virginia.
>
> Now I'm going to have to give Cacti another shot :) Is that pulling data
> from nut-snmp, or nut-cgi?

Actually neither. I'm using the raw socket that NUT uses to communicate.
I've found this project: http://code.google.com/p/mysql-cacti-templates/

And I added some code to talk to the NUT server directly. I really like
that project since it's got tests for building the pollers. Makes it
much easier to build accurate data polling scripts.

I need to finish that stuff up and actually commit it to the repo.
Perhaps this'll actually make me do it :) I'll shoot for this weekend.

David