[SATLUG] Personal RAID 6 array/ LED Monitor

travis+ml-satlug at subspacefield.org travis+ml-satlug at subspacefield.org
Sun Jul 18 22:57:58 CDT 2010

Dang mlist keeps swallowing PGP-signed emails.

Also it quarantined my 27kB response with my benchmarks and stuff,
saying that "large" an email required moderation, and it never made it
to the list.

Most annoying mlist configuration ever, but one of the most helpful
user groups ever.

What I was gonna say today is this; the amount of time you spend on
UPS will be limited by the consumption of your file server and the capacity
of your battery.  With 6 drives and a dual-opteron, I get like <5 mins
from a 1500VA UPS.

So, either buy big UPSes for your file servers, or buy smaller UPSes for
your desktops... either way you win. ;-)

Cheers,
Travis
--
A Weapon of Mass Construction