[SATLUG] The $35 Dollar tablet... Powered by Google?

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Fri Jul 23 17:22:15 CDT 2010

On Fri, 23 Jul 2010, Peter Cross wrote:

> Leave it to the other side of the world to do it! While I can't find
> anything to confirm this it looks legitimate but I say again, I cannot
> confirm this. Can anyone here confirm this?
>
> http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2010/07/23/india-develops-35-android-tablet-for-developing-world/

I have had a couple of similar devices on order [imports,
shipping from mainland China] at price points of about $120
each as I recall.  The tech specs copy called out the Android
OS, and a size and form factor essentially identical to the
iPad.  We'll see

I have gotten ship notices on everything in the order EXCEPT
these two units.  Will advise when they hit

-- Russ herrold