[SATLUG] Linux Keylogger

Don Davis dondavis at reglue.org
Sat Jul 24 12:42:18 CDT 2010

Have you looked at uberkey or logkeys?
I looked at the source for logkeys. It's very straightforward. I was
thinking a keyboardlogger would be a straightforward program and it is.

You could write a script to periodically scan for red flag words. It
might help provide security while giving her a little extra privacy...
so that she knows you don't see or care every time she types "OMG Justin
Timberlake is so cuuute."

You have been up front and told her that online there is no real privacy
as well as indicating your stipulations for her computer use. You might
try to help her understand you don't really care what she's typing
unless it could be dangerous for her.

Also let her know l33t hackers are watching it all anyway. That she
should use https and that all her friends Windoze boxes have been 0wn3d.