[SATLUG] SNMP and SSH/telnet commands thru web Interface

FIRESTORM_v1 firestorm.v1 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 11:52:59 CDT 2010

Holy Thread Resurrection Batman!

I don't know if you ever found a way to get what you were looking for
however I wrote a web-based interface for a 3com superstack 2 switch.
The VLAN config was only available in telnet and it was a horrid pain
in the rear end.

I used PHP and Apache, stored the vlan descriptions in a MySQL
database and would query the switch for VLAN port assignment, port
status and link state.

It wasn't "fancy" nor "automatic" however it allowed me to change VLAN
assignments on the fly using a web interface without needing to
telnet.

If needed, let me know and I can tar up the file and a database dump.
(it's not that complex, all one table.).

The code will probably need a re-write as I replaced the switch a few years ago.

FIRESTORM_v1