[SATLUG] internal ip accessing external ip

Alex Bartonek bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 28 19:56:20 CDT 2010

Tell me if its my server config or the gateway that TWC manages..

So I have this server I'm managing.. everything is running well, Solaris is the OS of choice.   If I'm on the local network I can go direct to the server to see the website.  But I cannot go and hit the external IP from within the network.  The reason this is important is because the server (i'm managing it) is being used by the owner on his local network and some parts of the forum he's hosting is not accessible from within the local network.

I'm saying its the gateway setup but I cannot get into it to see why (TWC says they manage it and do not let users do so).

Could there be anything I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.