[SATLUG] internal ip accessing external ip

Brian Lewis astro at astr0.org
Wed Jul 28 20:05:35 CDT 2010

Contact me off list. Ill help.

On Jul 28, 2010 7:56 PM, "Alex Bartonek" <bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com>
wrote:

Tell me if its my server config or the gateway that TWC manages..

So I have this server I'm managing.. everything is running well, Solaris is
the OS of choice.   If I'm on the local network I can go direct to the
server to see the website.  But I cannot go and hit the external IP from
within the network.  The reason this is important is because the server (i'm
managing it) is being used by the owner on his local network and some parts
of the forum he's hosting is not accessible from within the local network.

I'm saying its the gateway setup but I cannot get into it to see why (TWC
says they manage it and do not let users do so).

Could there be anything I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.