[SATLUG] Jail Breaking is now Fair Use

Geoff geofff at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Sat Jul 31 10:30:23 CDT 2010

redpill wrote:

>> In case anyone did hear it yet, but the courts decided it was Fair Use
>> to modify the things you own as long as you are not breaking copyright
>> laws:
>> http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2010/07/apple-loses-big-in-drm-ruling-jailbreaks-are-fair-use.ars
>>
>> Good to see some common sense prevailing.
>>
>> We should probably have a Jail Break get together, I've got an ipod
>> touch that could use it

has anyone ever jajil-break'ed [sic] (performed a 'jail-break')  an
Android HTC Evo (Sprint 4G)?

I like it - it runs linux, and does lots and lots (and lots more) of
stuff... but I can't figure out how to get to the command line prompt in it.

On a related topic: what is Froyo?  Still kinda knew to the whole
'smart-phone' experience...