[SATLUG] give aways

Geoff geofff at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Sat Jul 31 10:45:57 CDT 2010

Lots of people are giving stuff away, and that's a great thing.
Computers, printers, etc... the San Antonio community really comes
together to help it's own.

With that said, and the thought of "if you don't ask, you won't know",
does anyone have a small form impact printer that's excessive to their
needs?

I do 'hot-shot' delivery in/around Houston now, and wherever else in the
country they send me.

I'd like to have a small-form impact printer connected to my laptop with
a printing program setup on it, for when I'm out making deliveries.  I
can simply input (perhaps even forward the sms text message on my
enabled cell phone, or simply connect the phone to a wifi router and
print directly to the device) the information and save all that
painstakingly time-wasting writing of all the information on the forms.

I've priced some on ebay and impact printers simply haven't come down in
price like their other peripheral counter-parts have.

Thanks for any consideration.

-Geoff
(Baja Spring, TX)