[SATLUG] Google employees to use Linux or OSX instead of Windows

Daniel J. Givens daniel at rugmonster.org
Wed Jun 2 05:57:42 CDT 2010

On Jun 2, 2010, at 3:20, Christopher Lemire <christopher.lemire at gmail.com
 > wrote:

> I had a friend in Canada tell me about this. What do you think? Is
> it true
> or not?

When I saw the news on /., it said the story had not been
independently verified, so it could be a big rumor. No way to know
unless Google announces it or you have a friend that works at Google
that tells you.

Either way, I don't really care. Each OS has it's share of nice
things, quirks, and flaws. Then again, I run Mac and Linux at work and
on my server-type systems and have Windows on my HTPC and gaming
desktop. Which ones do I worry about security with? The Windows boxes,
of course, so I understand Google's thinking if they drop Windows
citing security.

Daniel