[SATLUG] Upgrade ubuntu 8.04 to 10.04?

Peter Cross pjcrux at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 22:13:21 CDT 2010

I love 10.04 it was able to recognize my systems hardware that didn't have a
driver and went out on the next update and imported everything. My laptop is
a Dell Inspiron 2200 and handles everything with ease.

As the Community Manager for the Amahi Home Server project my fellow team
mates liked 10.04 so much that we are currently porting Amahi to Ubuntu
10.04 (there were too many issues with 9.04 and 9.10.

and like you I am also an inept desktop user myself and couldn't be happier.
With the exception of my desktop I have stopped using windows in favor of
10.04 for everyday tasks.

Cheers!

Peter