[SATLUG] Upgrade ubuntu 8.04 to 10.04?

ed horned0wl93 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 13:39:41 CDT 2010

On 06/07/2010 12:22 PM, mark wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-06-07 at 10:42 -0500, ed wrote:
>
>> On 06/07/2010 01:55 AM, mark wrote:
>>
>>> On Sat, 2010-06-05 at 22:49 -0500, ed wrote:
>>>

>> I think, however, its no longer an issue for me.  I only ever ran WINE
>> for two applications, both of which now either have Linux ports, or have
>> Linux-developed replacements.  Feels nice to be shed of Winderz on the
>> machine entirely...  :)
>>

> Thats great, I use WINE when I can't find native alternative's but I
> hate when I have to do it. I would be %100 Windows free if it weren't
> for gaming. Of course I have to use it sometimes since most of the jobs
> I get are people needing help with Windows.

Understood.  I teach CompTIA A+ and Network+ classes, and must stay
current in the Winderz world professionally (tho I expose all of my
classes to Ubuntu!), or I wouldn't deal with Winderz at all.  I think
tho, when I finally retire, I'm gonna light a cherry-bomb under my last
non-Linux machine, as a sort of celebration for escaping the Winderz
world...

Cheers;
Ed
=====