[SATLUG] Upgrade ubuntu 8.04 to 10.04?

ed horned0wl93 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 18:46:15 CDT 2010

On 06/07/2010 04:10 PM, mark wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-06-07 at 13:39 -0500, ed wrote:
>

>> Understood.  I teach CompTIA A+ and Network+ classes, and must stay
>> current in the Winderz world professionally (tho I expose all of my
>> classes to Ubuntu!), or I wouldn't deal with Winderz at all.  I think
>> tho, when I finally retire, I'm gonna light a cherry-bomb under my last
>> non-Linux machine, as a sort of celebration for escaping the Winderz
>> world...
>>
> We should have a cherry bomb Windows event, people can bring in all
> their old worthless Micro$oft software discs and blow them up.
>
> In all seriousness I wouldn't go, blowing up their discs would only be
> slightly more productive than using their software.

BTW:  I found the problem with the newest gDesklets - simple as Googling
the problem -- apparently, there's bad loop in the code that just
wanders off and gets lost.  Reverting to the immediate previous edition
of gDesklets solved the problem.  I'm all smiles now.  :D  Machine's
doing exactly what I want, with minimal head-space time...

Cheers;
Ed
=====