[SATLUG] Learning in the Gnu/Linux community

Don Davis dondavis at reglue.org
Sun Jun 13 09:32:44 CDT 2010

Hello,

I'm conducting some survey research about learning in the Gnu/Linux
community and would be grateful if you could respond.
I'd also be glad if you could pass this on where appropriate.

Thank you,

D Davis

Dear users of Gnu/Linux,

Do you use Gnu/Linux? Do you consider yourself part of a larger
Gnu/Linux free and open source software community? Whether you've just
starting clicking around in Ubuntu or you've been tweaking your kernel
for years, we are interested in learning about if, and how, you've
learned (and possibly taught) as part of the Gnu/Linux community.

As part of our graduate studies, we, Don Davis and Iffat Jabeen, are
compiling a survey of Gnu/Linux users and their possible learning
experiences within the context of the Gnu/Linux FOSS community. The
results of the study will be presented to other Education Technologists
and may further the education world's  understanding of the Gnu/Linux
community.

Please share your experiences via the following link:
http://survey.education.txstate.edu/mrIWeb/mrIWeb.dll?I.Project=LPP

Your assistance in distributing the survey link to LUGs and  Gnu/Linux
oriented forums is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

Don Davis and Iffat Jabeen