[SATLUG] what is the best virtual machine?

mark mayfield_mark at att.net
Mon Jun 14 14:27:43 CDT 2010

If you're going to be running virtual servers and need reliability, I
would recommend you run Linux as the host and use KVM for
virtualization. If you need to run Windows 7 on the machine you could
just image the drive and turn it into one of the KVM virtual machines
(you may have to run sysprep or do a repair operation on it, I'm not
sure). This way you wouldn't have to worry about a virus or malware
infection on the host, or the steady performance degradation that
happens with Windows.

--
cis.sac.alamo.edu/~mmayfield