[SATLUG] Create High Availability SAN from scratch

Enrique Sanchez esanchezvela.satlug at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 11:08:32 CDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 7:48 PM, jaret <jaret at aberlorn.com> wrote:
> Enrique Sanchez wrote:

>> if I have had a saying in the solution, I would have gone for an
>> server independent method but it did not happen.
>>

> If I'm following you right in the above paragraph, then by "server
> independent" you mean using a network-cluster manager, like PaceMaker
> cluster?

no, something like "smart" power supplies or UPS or management
console, something that would remain on the network and powered up
independently from each Server, what happen to us is that ServeA's
power failed and it went down, but it took its RSA's card power too,
so pacemaker's STONITH process could not get to it, hence preventing
ServerB from taking over.

--
Enrique Sanchez Vela