[SATLUG] Selection Buffer sending text before completing selection

Christopher Lemire christopher.lemire at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 17:13:04 CDT 2010

How can I change the behavior of the selection buffer or a program
that uses it ( I have xclip) to not send me text until the mouse
button is released while clicking and dragging? This causes havok in
the software I'm developing that tries to make use of the selection
buffer. I need the full selection, not bits more bits more bits and
then the full selection.

I cannot listen for mouse events such as button release outside of the
GUI of my program.

Ubuntu 64 bit Linux Raid Level 0