[SATLUG] [OT] Explain mobile broadband and Linux

Henry Pugsley henry.pugsley at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 14:54:36 CDT 2010

That is equivalent to dialing *228 option #2 on your Verizon phone ..
I'm not sure if you can do it the same way with the broadband cards.
I found a post on evdoinfo.com stating that dialing *22899 would
active and update the PRL on the card.

-Henry

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 9:37 AM, Alex Bartonek
<bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Meaning... I have a Verizon broadband card and under windows, I have to install Verizon's software, but under Linux it works without it.  Verizon's software downloads updates a "tower list" or something like that sometimes.  I'm wondering if I am missing out on something on the Linux end or is the extra stuff just cruft that needed to be trimmed.
>

> Thanks

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it" - Alan Kay