[SATLUG] chown prob

herb cee hc at lookcee.com
Thu Jun 24 21:01:47 CDT 2010

On 06/24/2010 08:42 PM, redpill wrote:
> np Herb.  Although I do have to say that I am shocked that my error went
> unnoticed for almost three whole hours.  I guess if your gonna make a
> mistake on this list do it during dinner hours. lol
> Todd
>
> On Thu, 2010-06-24 at 20:35 -0500, herb cee wrote:
>
>> On 06/24/2010 08:05 PM, redpill wrote:
>>
>>> err sorry for the typo thats supposed to be sudo chown userid:groupid
>>> ~/.ICEauthority. That said if your userid is herb then the groupid
>>> should be herb, for buntu systems that is.
>>>
>>> Todd

>> Thanks Robert&  Todd. That sorted me out and when I got the owner set
>> and resarted it cured the ICEauthority error.. Problems solved,
>> knowledge increased.
>> hh

LOL truth is I had taken advantage of the cool day and was piddling in
the garden .. got damn grasshopper swarm this yr so having to keep the
tall grass cut from around the yard they seldom venture over cut area as
long as they have food in the tall grass but sur getting big and fat, I
think I am gonna try eating some soon, lol I always have wondered..
hmmmmm roasted and dipped in dark chocklate. hehehe I'll report
hh