[SATLUG] Linux party in Austin on Sunday

Don Davis dondavis at reglue.org
Sat Mar 13 12:09:07 CST 2010

I've attached a copy of a Linux Party on Sunday in Austin:
First off, I want to thank Jeff Sullivan representing Dell for meeting
me at at Round Rock grocery store - We got 3 shopping carts full of soft
drinks and snacks from Dell! $310 donation!  Also I want to thank Texas
Coworking for hosting the space,internet,electricity for free!  Anyone
else is welcome to contribute, a tip jar will be available to recoup
beer/wine/rum/tequila, but it is free of charge, it has already been
paid for.  ANY OTHER companies are welcome to step up and donate.  We
will put a sign up acknowledging your support.

SUNDAY, 1 DAY AWAY 1:00pm

Texas Coworking, 200 E. 6th Street, 3rd Floor. -- Austin
http://www.texascoworking.com/
Above B.D. Riley's pub on 6th street, right near the Driskill Hotel.

When:  1:00pm to 4:30pm Sunday March 14.
Locals who want to help, please show up at 12:00pm.

=================

Today at grocery store, a partial list of what I got:

Napkins/Plates/Cups for about 100 people
V8 Juice
Real orange juice
Cranberry Juice
Grape juice
Throwback Pepsi, full sugar Pepsi (not HF corn)!
Throwback Mountain Dew, full sugar
some diet and caffeine free soda I will make a point to reserve, please
request.
Dr. Pepper
Cheese, cheddar
Cheese, Swiss
Cheese, Munster
Cheese, Blue
Cheese, MORE CHEESE
Several pounds of peperoni
Salami
Corn Chips and Salsa (4 kinds of salsa)
Potatoes Chips
Olives and pickles
Limes
Bottled water
Bananas

This is just going by my tired memory, a partial list.

Is anyone organizing car pools, parking assistance, etc? Get the chatter
going.  The Facebook event page has almost 40 people who have RSVP - we
have no real idea how big attendance will be on this event!

chatter, telephone people - tell them to come.  Know a friend who has a
big MythTV system all working and in order -bring it down.

Someone have a decent set of computer speakers we could plug MP3 into
for music?  Someone have a Nintendo Wii they want to bring?  A PS3
running Linux?

The primary concern is social party here.  Do not feel obligated to
bring your computer or such.  You can talk about anything and
everything, it's just a party folks!