[SATLUG] updating the bios in Fedora 12

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 13:30:35 CDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 1:21 PM, Peter Cross <pjcrux at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK guys I've googled the crap out of this. Is it so painfully easy I'm
> missing it but how do I update the bios of my MOBO without a 3.5 floppy
> drive.

Peter, I know this is not what you want to hear, but most mobos can be
flashed from within Windows. This is why I keep a Bart's PE CD close
by in case I need Windows to flash DVD firmware or BIOSes. Your other
option could be to use a USB thumb drive as your DOS bootable floppy
(along with a copy of your bios and flash program).

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility