[SATLUG] updating the bios in Fedora 12

Tim corpustexn at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 23 13:49:32 CDT 2010

--- On Tue, 3/23/10, Peter Cross <pjcrux at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Peter Cross <pjcrux at gmail.com>
> Subject: [SATLUG] updating the bios in Fedora 12
> Date: Tuesday, March 23, 2010, 1:21 PM
> OK guys I've googled the crap out of
> this. Is it so painfully easy I'm
> missing it but how do I update the bios of my MOBO without
> a 3.5 floppy
> drive.
>
> --
> Cheers!
>
> Peter J. Cross
> San Antonio, TX

  You can use FreeDOS.  If you don't have unetbootin download for windows or linux.  You can download freedos from unetbootin.  Have a usb drive formatted with fat.  Fat 32 might work, I think it varies from drive to drive.  Copy your bios files to root folder of usb drive. Of course boot from usb is required.   My first experience with freedos was helping  someone with an Acer Aspire One that wouldn't boot. It works!