[SATLUG] updating the bios in Fedora 12

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 13:57:16 CDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 1:50 PM, Peter Cross <pjcrux at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Jeremy google was my friend this time. Thanks for the heads up and
> friendly pointer on this I was not aware of Bart's.

Barts has saved my you know what on several occasions. Also, in order
to use SATA drives you will need to manually install the Intel AHCI
driver. By default, Barts just builds with native IDE support and does
not include SATA. You might as well load it up with USB and networking
support, WinSCP, Putty, Firefox, and whatever else you want. This will
turn into an ultimate Windows rescue disc. I use mine and System
Rescue CD on a daily basis.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu